Chestnut and Lemon Cake
Corn, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
I kept my finished cake very simple but it would happily lend itself to being a fancy iced layer cake as it is moist and light but robust.
- 3 eggs
- 75g caster sugar
- 200g chestnut puree
- zest of 1 lemon
- 85g ground almonds
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F/ Gas mark 4.
- Grease and line the base of a 20cm cake tin.
- Beat the eggs until pale and creamy.
- Add the sugar, chestnut and lemon and beat for another minute.
- Fold the almonds and baking powder in gently but thoroughly.
- Pour the mix into the tin and bake for about 35 minutes until the centre bounces back when lightly pressed or a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool a little then remove from the tin onto a rack to cool completely.
- Serve the cake as it is or ice if you like.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: