Sweet Mincemeat Loaf
Gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
Use up any left over mincemeat for this loaf. If you don't have an orange you can use 100ml of any milk to replace the juice.
Makes 1 loaf
- 2 eggs
- 60ml vegetable oil
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- 300g mincemeat
- 250g gluten free plain flour blend
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C / Fan 160C / Gas 4.
- Line a 23 x 13cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the eggs, oil, orange zest and juice and mincemeat.
- Add all the other ingredients and stir gently until just mixed completely.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool a little and then remove from tin.
- Serve sliced with or without spread.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: