Red rice with anchovies, seaweed and smoked oysters
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, soya & wheat free
A dish I created for the FoodsMatter summer garden party this year – although sadly the rains lashed down so we did not see much garden. But teh red rice dish was delicious! Michelle
- 10g seaweed salad (a mix of seaweeds that you can find in most delicatessens or from numerous on line sources)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 x 30g tin anchovies
- 1 large leek, finely chopped
- 200g red rice
- 1.5 litres fish or vegetable stock (chekc ingredients for soya)
- 50g fresh marsh samphire, chopped roughly
- 3 x 85g tins smoked oysters
- freshly ground black pepper
- juice 1 -2 lemons
- chopped fresh parsley
- Chop the sea salad small and soak in a couple of tablespoons of boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil and the oil from the tin of anchovies in a wide pan. Finely chop the anchovies, finely slice the leeks and add both to the oil. Cook gently for to-15 minutes or until the leeks are really soft.
- Add the rice, stir well the add half of the stock. Cook briskly for 15-20 minutes adding extra stock as the rice starts to dry out.
- When the rice is all but cooked, add the samphire and the liquid from the tins of oysters. When the rice is cooked, gently stir in the oysters (you may need to cut them in half) and season to taste with black pepper and lemon juice.
- Serve warm or at room temperature sprinkled with the chopped parsley.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: