Chicken in a Roast Red Pepper Sauce
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
A jar of roasted peppers is a quick way of adding depth of flavour while the basil really freshens the sauce. You could add some dairy free cream to make a creamier sauce that would be great on pasta.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 1 large jar (approx. 450g) roasted red peppers in vinegar
- 150ml chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- handful of torn basil or 2 tbsp frozen basil
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and brown the chicken on both sides.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and gently cook the onion until it is translucent.
- Add the garlic and soften, being careful not to burn it.
- Drain the peppers and add to the pan, along with the stock.
- Whizz the mixture as finely as you like with a hand blender or pour into a liquidiser.
- Put the chicken into the blended sauce and season.
- Cook at a medium heat until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the basil and serve
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: