Freefrom Orange and Cinnamon Duck Breasts
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
- 2 duck breasts, skin on
- salt and pepper
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 150ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 oranges
- Preheat the oven to 220°C / Gas mark 7.
- Score the skin with 4 or 5 diagonal cuts.
- Season the skin with salt and pepper.
- Rub the cinnamon into the skin.
- Place the duck in a cold, non stick frying pan without oil.
- Cook over a medium heat for 5 - 8 minutes until golden brown.
- Spoon the fat out of the pan during cooking.
- Seal the other side of the duck for 30 seconds.
- Put the duck skin side up on a rack on a roasting tray.
- Cook for 10 - 18 minutes, depending on how well you like your meat.
- While the duck is in the oven add the stock, vinegar and the zest and juice of the orange to the frying pan you cooked the duck in.
- Simmer gently for about 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Peel the other orange, cut into segments and add to the sauce.
- Pour over the cooked duck breasts to serve.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: