Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
An attractive, tasty, simple to prepare dish. You can adjust your amounts depending on the size of the chicken breasts. Mine were rather giant but one slice of ham may be enough to wrap smaller pieces.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tspn freefrom pesto (I used Le Conserve Della Nonna)
- 2 tomatoes
- 8 slices of Parma (or similar) ham
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/325F/Gas mark 3.
- Bash the chicken breasts with a rolling pin to flatten and tenderise.
- Slice each breast in half and open out.
- Spread one teaspoon of pesto on one half of each.
- Slice the tomatoes and place 2 slices on top of the pesto.
- Put the other half of chicken back on top.
- Lay 2 slices of ham side by side and place the chicken on top.
- Fold the ham over the chicken and place join side down into a baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 20 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Cut into slices to serve, not forgetting to pour the juices from the baking dish over the top.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: