Marrow and Potato Curry
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
I was lucky enough to be given some home grown potatoes and marrows this week and combined them for a medium spiced curry. You could use courgettes instead of marrows if that it was you have.
- 500g or about 8 medium potatoes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 2 red chillies, deseeded
- 400ml coconut milk
- 500g (1 medium) marrow
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- Peel the potatoes if you prefer and then chop them into chunks and place in a saucepan of cold water.
- Bring to the boil and cook for about 10 minutes until they are soft.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the onions, garlic, turmeric, ginger, fennel and chillies.
- Cook and stir until the onions are soft.
- Pour in the coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and add the marrow.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until the marrow is cooked.
- Stir in the potatoes and warm through.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the lime juice and fish sauce.
- Serve immediately.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: