Mini Aubergine Tarts
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, peanut, soya & wheat free
For those of you who don't have the time or inclination to make pastry, these bread cases are an easy alternative. Use the left over bread to make breadcrumbs which you can freeze.
- 6 large or 12 small slices of gluten free bread
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium aubergine, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 12 almonds
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Heat the oven to 180°C / 160°C fan / Gas 4.
- Grease a 12 hole mince pie tin.
- Cut the crusts off the bread.
- Roll the slices with a rolling pin until they are about ½ cm thick.
- Use a biscuit cutter or a glass to cut circles from the bread.
- Lay the circles gently into the greased tin and press down carefully.
- Lightly oil each circle and cook for 12-15 minutes until the edges are starting to brown and each circle looks completely dried.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool before removing them from the tin.
- To make the filling heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and gently cook the aubergine, garlic and allspice until the aubergine is completely soft.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir through the sundried tomato paste.
- Fill each shell with a spoon of the aubergine mixture.
- Decorate with thin slices of tomato, almonds and a sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds, if you like.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: