Michelle's Freefrom Chocolate Oat Crunchies
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
These are incredibly ‘more-ish’ - so it is good that they are ‘free-from’ so many things!
- 200g / 7 oz oats (oatmeal)
- 50g / 2 oz sultanas (golden raisins)
- 100g / 3½ oz dairy-free chocolate broken into small pieces
- 50g / 2 oz dairy-free spread (we used PURE)
- 70g / 2½ oz rice, date or other syrup - or black treacle (molasses)
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4.
- Mix the oats (oatmeal), sultanas (golden raisins) and chocolate pieces.
- Heat the spread with the syrup in a saucepan until both are melted, then add the oat mixture.
- Stir well together then spread out in a baking (jelly roll) tray - about 2 cm (3/4") thick.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until they are lightly tanned.
- Remove from the oven, cut into your chosen shapes and leave to cool in the tin.
- When cold, remove carefully with a spatula.
Cuts into 12 Crunchies - per crunchy
161cals - 2.5g protein
7g total fat - 4g sat / 1.6g mono / 0.2g poly
23g carbohydrate of which 12g sugar
1.5g fibre - 43mg sodium / 0.1g salt
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: