Katherine's FreeFrom Banana Choc Chip Loaf Cake
Gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
- 175g gluten free plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 100g dairy free choc chips / dairy free bar chopped up
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 170c / 150c fan / gas 3.
- Line a 900g loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt together and mix with the chocolate chips
- In another bowl, beat the sugar and coconut oil together.
- Add the eggs, bananas and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Gently stir the flour mixture in until well combined.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 1 hour.
- Check that the top is springy and a skewer comes out clean. If not cook for another 5–10 minutes.
- Leave to cool a little in the tin before removing paper and cooling on a wire rack.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: