Katherine's Banana Pancakes
Corn, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
These are a big breakfast favourite in our house and are really quick and easy to make. The sweeter dairy free milks like hemp and rice work well in this recipe, but you can use whatever you have in.
- 70g gluten free self-raising flour
- 70g buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 125ml hemp or rice milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- vegetable oil for frying
- fruit and dairy free yogurt to serve
- Mix the flours and baking powder together in a large bowl.
- Add the bananas, eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Whisk together until smooth and well blended.
- Lightly oil a frying pan and ladle in small scoops of the mixture. (I use a spoon to gently spread the pancake to an even thickness and shape)
- When bubbles start to appear, turn the pancakes over.
- Cook until the second side is lightly brown then remove from pan.
- Serve warm with fruit and yogurt or a topping of your choice.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: