Yoghurt Cake with Cherries and Chocolate
Corn, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
I decided to make 2 smaller cakes but you could make a single larger loaf in the same size tin. You would need to cook it for about 10-15 minutes longer.
Makes 2 small or 1 large loaf
- 75ml rice bran (or vegetable) oil
- 200g coconut yoghurt
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g plain gluten free flour blend (I used Doves Farm)
- 2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- 80g dried cherries
- 80g dairy free dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / Gas mark 4.
- Grease and line the base of two 21cm x 10cm loaf tins.
- Dust the cherries and chocolate chips in a little gluten free flour and set them aside.
- In a large bowl put everything apart from the cherries and chocolate chips.
- Beat with an electric whisk for a few minutes until the mixture is smooth and airy.
- Gently fold the cherries and chocolate chips through the mixture.
- Pour the batter evenly between the two tins.
- Cook for about 40 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the tins and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: