Coconut Flour Choc Chip Biscuits
Corn, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
I have been experimenting with Lucy Bee's fair trade organic raw coconut flour. It absorbs much more liquid than grain flours so give the dough a little extra time before adding any extra flour. When I first tried these they were a little dry, but they seemed to gain moisture over time and were much better the day after cooking.
- 2 eggs
- 50g coconut oil, melted
- 75g honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 50g coconut flour
- 50g dairy free choc chips / chopped up dairy free chocolate bar
- Preheat oven to 180°C / Gas 4 / 350°F.
- Grease or line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Whisk together the eggs, oil, honey, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- Stir in the coconut flour and give it a little time to absorb the moisture.
- Mix the chocolate chips evenly through the dough.
- Roll into 12 walnut sized balls and place on the baking tray.
- Press each one down gently - the mixture does not spread during cooking so the size you make them is the finished size.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until the edges are starting to brown.
- After they have cooled on the tray, move them to a wire rack.
- Leave for a while to moisten up and store in an airtight container.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: