Michelle's Freefrom Lemon Shortbread
Egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
The biscuits are slightly crumblier than a normal shortbread - but do taste excellent.
Makes approx. 12 biscuits
- 50g / 2 oz butter, dairy free spread or coconut oil
- 75g / 3 oz pale muscovado sugar
- grated rind of 1 large lemon
- 100g / 4 oz gluten-free plain flour – we used Doves Farm
- 50g / 2 oz ground almonds
- Heat the oven to 160C/325F/ Gas mark 3.
- Beat the butter with the sugar and lemon rind with an electric whisk till soft and light.
- Rub in the ground almonds and flour with your fingers, working as lightly as you can.
- Pat the mixture out into the bottom of a tin or shape it into a round approximately 20cm across and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove and cut the break points (it should make around 12 mixture) with a knife then return to the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Cool slightly then cut along the score marks remove carefully, with a spatula, to a rack get quite cold.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: