Michelle's Freefrom Chive and Potato Scones
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
A great, old-fashioned, Irish country recipe from Pamela Cowan
- 450g / 1lb potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 130g / 4½ oz plain (all purpose) gluten/wheat-free flour, sifted
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp snipped chives
- vegetable oil for greasing
- salt and ground black pepper
- Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 15 minutes or until tender and then drain thoroughly.
- Put potatoes in a clean pan and mash them.
- Add flour, olive oil and chives with a little salt and pepper and mix to a soft dough.
- Roll out on a floured board to a thickness of 5mm / 1/4".
- Cut into rounds with a 5 cm / 2" pastry cutter.
- Lightly grease, then heat a griddle or frying pan and place the scones on it.
- Cook over a low heat, in batches if necessary, for approximately10 minutes, turning once, until the scones are golden brown on both sides.
Makes around 8 scones – per scone
131cals – 2.5g protein
4.8g total fat – 0.7g sat / 3.3g mono / 0.5g poly
21g carbohydrate of which 0.7g sugar
1.2g fibre – 103mg sodium / 0.26g salt
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: