Michelle's Freefrom Prune and Coffee Cake
Gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
This makes a rather solid, but tasty, cake - a bit like a bread pudding!
- 150g / 5½ oz dairy-free spread
- 2 medium size ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 100g / 3½ oz maize (corn) flour
- 50g / 2 oz buckwheat flour
- 1 heaped tsp wheat/gluten-free baking powder (baking soda)
- 150g / 5 ½oz soft prunes, chopped fairly small
- 100 ml / 3 fl oz strong black coffee
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4.
- Beat the spread in a food processor with the bananas.
- Turn into a bowl and mix in the eggs alternating with the flour and baking powder (baking soda).
- Add the prunes and coffee and make sure it is well amalgamated.
- Turn into a well greased and lined 18cm cake tin (7" cake pan).
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the tin and cool on a rack before cutting.
2292cals - 48g protein
144g total fat - 30g sat / 49g mono / 57g poly
216g carbohydrate of which 96g sugar
12g fibre - 1944mg sodium / 4.8g salt
Good Source of: Vitamin B12
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: