Michelle's Freefrom Brown Teff and Ginger Biccies
Corn, egg, gluten, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free; can be lactose and milk free
Makes approx 10 biscuits
- 50g / 2 oz light muscovado (raw) sugar
- 100g / 4 oz brown teff flour
- 2 heaped tsp ground ginger
- pinch salt
- 100g / 4 oz butter or dairy-free spread
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4.
- Put all the dry ingredients in a food processor.
- Cut in the butter or spread in small pieces and process till breadcrumb-like.
- Press the mixture out into the bottom of a lightly oiled baking tray (sheet) - about 1cm (½") thick.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cut into biscuit shapes.
- Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly in the tin then cut the biscuits out and remove carefully to a rack (grid) to cool completely.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: