Michelle's Freefrom Lemon Teff and Sultana Cake
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
- 125g / 4½ oz soft butter or dairy free spread
- 125g / 4½ oz light muscovado (raw) sugar
- grated rind and juice of 2 lemons
- 3 medium eggs
- 125g / 4½ oz white teff flour
- 50g / 2 oz potato flour
- 2 heaped tsp gluten/wheat free baking powder (baking soda)
- 50g / 2oz sultanas (golden raisins)
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4.
- Beat the butter or spread with the sugar until light and creamy.
- Add the rind of the lemons.
- Sift the teff, potato flour and baking powder (baking soda) together.
- Fold in the eggs, one by one, with a tablespoon of flour with each.
- Fold in the remains of the flour along with the lemon juice and the sultanas (golden raisins).
- Pour into a lightly greased, loose-bottomed 18cm cake tin (7" cake pan) and bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove carefully from the tin and cool on a rack (grid).
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: