Michelle's Freefrom Baked Apples with Cinnamon
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
This is a seriously delicious variation on a standard baked apple.
- 6 fairly large Bramley cooking apples
- approx 3 tbsp large raisins
- about 25 pecan nuts
- 2-4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 level tsp cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Core the apples and cut a score around their middles to allow them to expand while baking.
- Put the apples in a large baking tray (roasting pan) and stuff each with a few raisins, then two pecans, finishing with some more raisins.
- Scatter the remaining raisins and pecans in the tray.
- Pour the maple syrup round the apples, sprinkle the cinnamon over the top and add water to a depths of about 25mm (1").
- Bake uncovered for 40-60 minutes depending on the size of the apples.
- Serve warm alone or with whatever cream or yogurt you can eat.
Serves 6 - per portion
109cals - 1g protein
3g total fat - 0.2g sat / 1.8g mono / 0.9g poly
21g carbohydrate of which 19g sugar
2.5g fibre - 8mg sodium / 0.01g salt
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: