Michelle's Freefrom Chocolate and Coconut Semifreddo
Egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
If you freeze this mixture hard the texture becomes very bitty - and it becomes un-spoonably hard! However, at the semifreddo stage, it is delicious.
- 50g / 2oz cornflour (cornstarch)
- 800ml / 27fl oz coconut milk
- 300g / 10½ oz dairy-free chocolate
- 6 strawberries - or other red fruit
- Put the cornflour (cornstarch) into a pan and gradually mix in the coconut milk, stirring well to prevent lumps.
- Heat slowly, stirring continually so that it does not go lumpy, until it thickens.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a microwave or over hot water.
- Stir the chocolate into the coconut mixture and and allow to cool.
- Turn the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn freeze until it is very well chilled and holds its shape.
- Spoon into serving dishes and decorate with a strawberry.
- If you chill it slightly more than you want you can ‘hold’ it in the bottom of the fridge for 30-45 minutes.
Serves 6 - per portion
526cals - 6g protein
37g total fat - 28g sat / 4.5g mono / 0.5g poly
45g carbohydrate of which 35g sugar
1.5g fibre - 8mg sodium / 0.02g salt
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: