Freefrom Christmas Pudding Ice Cream
Corn, egg, gluten, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame & wheat free; can be lactose & soya free
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- generous pinch ground cloves
- 3 tbsp brandy or dark rum
- 350g / 12 oz assorted dried fruits - sultanas (golden raisins), raisins, currants,
cherries, crystallised ginger (chopped), mixed peel, prunes (chopped), apricots (chopped), figs (chopped) etc
- 300ml / 10fl oz plain goat, sheep or soya yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey or apple concentrate
- Mix the spices into the brandy or rum and leave for 15 minutes, then pour the liquor over the mixed fruits and leave to soak for a couple of hours.
- Purée the yogurt with the honey or apple concentrate in a processor and mix in the soaked fruits.
- Spoon the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn freeze for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove it from the freezer and squash into a smallish pudding basin to freeze.
- To serve, wrap the basin in a hot cloth to loosen the pudding and turn it out onto a dish.
- Stick some holly in the top and, if you want, pour some warmed brandy round the bottom and light it.
- NB If you don't have an ice cream maker put the amalgamated ice cream into the freezer. Take it out every 10 minutes and beat it thoroughly with a wooden spoon until it is fairly frozen.
Serves 6 - per portion
231cals - 4.5g protein
2g total fat - 0.8g sat /
0.5g mono / 0.1g poly
of which 46g sugar
52mg sodium / 0.13g salt
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: