Freefrom Damson Creme Brulée
Corn, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
- 24 damson plums, washed
- pale muscovado (raw) sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ x 400ml tin (20fl oz) coconut milk
- Put the damsons in a pan with 1 tablespoon pale muscovado (raw) sugar and 50ml (1½ fl oz) water.
- Bring gently to the boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add extra sugar if you need it, then strain the fruit, discard the stones and keep the juice for breakfast!
- Beat the eggs lightly with a whisk in a small pan.
- Add the coconut milk and heat slowly over a low heat, stirring all the time, for about ten minutes or until the cream gradually thickens.
- Do not boil or it will curdle.
- Remove from the heat. Divide the damsons between 6 ramekin dishes.
- Spoon over the coconut cream, allow to cool, then chill.
- Heat a grill. Spread a thin layer of sugar over the top of the cream in each ramekin.
- Get as close to the grill as you can manage to melt and caramelise the sugar without heating the cream.
- As soon as the sugar has caramelised remove from under the grill and allow to cool before serving.
Serves 6 - per portion
341cals - 9g protein
21g total fat - 17g sat / 12g mono / 0.5g poly
32g carbohydrate of which 28g sugar
3.5g fibre - 54mg sodium / 0.13g salt
Good Source of: Vitamin C
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: