Michelle's Freefrom Fruit Flan
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
This is a very simple flan but you must not amalgamate it until just before you want to eat it as the filling will make the pastry go soggy. If you need to prepare everything in advance, sprinkle the cut peaches or nectarines with lemon juice and cover them tightly to stop them going brown.
- 300g / 10½ oz gluten free pastry - you can use the Baked to Taste pastry or you can make your own. My tried and tested recipe uses 125g / 4½ oz gram flour, 125g / 4½ oz rice flour, 1 tsp pale muscovado sugar and
125g / 4½ oz dairy free spread - I use PURE. Whizz in a food processor until crumb-like, then add 2-3 tbsp of water.
- 2 bananas
- 4 peaches or nectarines, washed and stoned but not peeled
- raspberries, blueberries or blackberries to decorate.
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4.
- Roll out the pastry and line a 20-25cm flan dish (8-10" pie pan).
- Prick the bottom with a fork and bake for 20-25 minutes or until it is crisp and lightly tanned. Set aside.
- Process together the two bananas and two of the peaches or nectarines.
- Cover tightly and set aside.
- Just before serving, slice the remaining peaches or nectarines.
- Spoon the banana and peach mixture into the bottom of the flan dish and arrange the fruit over the top.
- Serve at once.
Serves 6 - per portion
280cals - 4g protein
14g total fat - 4.5g sat / 5g mono / 4g poly
36g carbohydrate of which 12g sugar
2g fibre - 200mg sodium / 0.5g salt
Good Source of: Vitamin C
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: