Michelle's Freefrom Hot Fruit Salad
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
This not only looks pretty but tastes delicious and is sweetened only by the natural sugars in the fruit.
- 2 medium Bramley apples or 3 large ripe pears
- 6 late season plums
- 2 tbsp fat raisins
- seeds from 1 fresh pomegranate
or 2 tbsp dried pomegranate seeds (from a Middle Eastern delicatessen)
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Peel and slice the apples or pears thickly and lay in the bottom of an ovenproof dish.
- Slice the plums in wedges and add to the dish along with the raisins.
- If using fresh, cut open the pomegranates and pick out the seeds. Alternatively just add the dried seeds.
- Add around 2cm of water, cover the dish and bake it for 35-40 minutes.
- The fruit should be lightly cooked but the apples or pears should retain their shape and a little crispness.
- Serve warm, alone or with whatever cream or yogurt you can eat.
Serves 8 as a dessert
67cals - 1g protein
0g total fat - 0g sat / 0g mono /0g poly
16g carbohydrate of which 15g sugar
2.5g fibre - 6mg sodium / 0.01g salt
Good Source of: Vitamin C
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: