Katherine's Freefrom Chocolate and Pear Pudding
Gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
- 200g / 7oz tin of pear halves in fruit juice
- 100g / 4oz dairy free chocolate
- 100g / 4oz sweet potato
- 75g / 3oz agave syrup
- 2 eggs, separated
- 100ml / 3½ fl oz rice milk
- 50g / 2oz gluten-free self raising flour (I used Doves Farm)
- Preheat the oven to 190c / Gas mark 5.
- Grease and line a 20cm loose bottomed cake tin.
- Drain the pears and reserve the juice.
- Melt the chocolate either in a microwave or in a bowl over a gently simmering pan of water.
- Peel and dice the sweet potato and cook in plenty of water, either on the hob or in a microwave, until soft.
- Drain and blend until smooth and then whisk in the agave syrup.
- Add the egg yolks, beat again and then mix in the melted chocolate.
- Stir in the flour, using the milk to loosen the mixture, until you have a smooth batter.
- Whisk the egg whites until they hold stiff peaks.
- Beat in a few spoons of the egg whites into the batter and carefully fold in the rest with a metal spoon.
- Place the pears cored side up evenly around the edge of the tin. Gently pour the chocolate mixture over the top.
- Bake for about 1 hour 15-20 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- While the pudding is cooling in the tin, heat the fruit juice from the pears in a small saucepan until it becomes syrupy.
- Skewer the pudding a few times and spoon over the syrup until the top of the cake is covered.
- Leave the pudding in the tin until the syrup has been absorbed and then turn the pudding upside down as you remove it from the tin.
- Serve warm with any cream, custard or ice cream you can eat. (I used Alpro chocolate soya custard)
11g Fat (5g Sat fat, 4g mono, 0.6g poly)
49g Carbohydrate of which 34g Sugar
2g Fibre, 106mg Sodium, 0.26g salt
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: