Almond and Rhubarb Cake
Gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
Can be eaten simply as a cake but has a sticky texture that would lend itself to being covered in custard or eaten with ice cream.
- 160g soft brown sugar
- 75g vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 100g plain gluten free flour blend (I used Doves Farm)
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 50g ground almonds
- 100g rhubarb chopped into small cubes
- 50g flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / Gas 4.
- Grease and line the base of a 20cm loose bottom cake tin.
- Beat together the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and ground almonds.
- Gently fold the rhubarb and 30g of the flaked almonds into the batter.
- Pour into the prepared tin and sprinle over the rest of the flaked almonds.
- Bake for about 35 minutes until the cake springs back when you press it lightly or a skewer comes out clean.
- Serve warm as a pudding or eat it cold as a cake.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: