Tropical Lollies with Lemongrass and Mint
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
- 2 sticks lemongrass
- 50g caster sugar
- zest and juice of ½ lime
- 150ml water
- 4 pineapple rings
- 1 mango, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ pack mint (12g)
- Squash the lemongrass sticks with the flat side of the blade of a large knife.
- Chop the sticks into 2cm pieces and put in a small pan with the sugar, lime zest and juice and water.
- Bring to the boil, remove from the heat and leave to infuse for half an hour minimum.
- Sieve the syrup into a bowl and blend with the pineapple and mango.
- Remove the mint leaves from the stalk and chop them, not too finely but don't leave large pieces either as they get stuck in your teeth!
- Pour into 6 lolly molds and put in the freezer until set.
- If you have any puree left over you can stir it through some plain yogurt.
- Warm the mold in your hand to ease the lollies out.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: