Michelle's Freefrom Melon and Ginger Salad
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
This is a very simple but refreshing salad.
- a 20-30g / 1-1½ oz piece of fresh ginger, depending on how gingery you want your salad
- 400ml / 13fl oz pink fruit juice - we used Copella apple and raspberry but you could use a cranberry mixture or any other combination that you like; the juice does not need to be pink for flavour, it just looks prettier
- 1 large or 2 small Ogen or Charentais melons
- Peel and slice the ginger into very thin matchsticks.
- Put them in a pan with the juice and heat to a simmer.
- Cook just below a simmer for 3-4 minutes to soften the ginger.
- Deseed the melons and scoop or spoon out the flesh into one large or six small bowls.
- Spoon over the ginger and fruit juice and leave to cool in the juices before serving either chilled or at room temperature.
Serves 6 - per portion
63cals - 1g protein
0g total fat - 0g sat / 0g mono / 0g poly
15g carbohydrate of which 14g sugar
11g fibre - 38mg sodium / 0.09g salt
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: