Freefrom Strawberries with Pimms and Cashew Cream
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
You can replace the cashew cream with soya or goat yogurt for a nut free version.
- 200g cashew nuts
- zest of 1 orange
- 400g Strawberries
- 50ml Pimms
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 50g gluten free oats
- 50g brown sugar
- Place the cashew nuts in a bowl and cover with water.
- Leave to soak for at least an hour to soften.
- Drain the cashews and blend in a liquidiser, slowly adding water until you have the consistency of double cream.
- Stir in the orange zest and chill until needed.
- Hull the strawberries and chop each one into about 8 pieces.
- Place in a bowl and pour over the Pimms and caster sugar.
- Leave to soak.
- Place the oats and brown sugar in a small saucepan.
- Heat over a low heat and stir continuously until you have crunchy crumbs.
- Spread out on a plate to cool.
- When you are ready to serve, mix the oats into the cashew cream.
- Place a layer of stawberries into the bottom of 4 glasses.
- Next place some cashew cream on top of the strawberries.
- Repeat with another layer of stawberries and cream
- Serve immediately.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: