Freefrom Butterbean and Smoked Mackerel Salad
Corn, dairy, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
This is an increbily quick and simple but very delicious salad.
- 3 x 400g tins of butter beans
- seasalt and freshly ground black pepper
- juice 2–3 lemons
- approx 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3–4 fillets of smoked mackerel, depending on size
- 4 tbsp black olives, ideally spiced or seasoned but check the ingredients
- 1 bunch spring onions
- Tip the beans with their liquid into a pan and heat gently.
- Strain the beans and tip them into a serving dish.
- Dress the beans with salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil while they are warm so that they absorb the flavour.
- Skin the smoked mackerel and break up the flesh.
- Mix the fish, along with the olives, into the beans.
- Chop the spring onions and mix them into the salad.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste if needed before serving.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: