Freefrom Grilled Haddock with Green Beans
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
If you are lactose intolerant you should be fine with the Parmesan – see Dr Anita MacDonald’s article. If you are dairy intolerant/allergic you could substitute a soya cheese such as Tofutti mozzarella which melts really well under the grill.
- ½ head of celeriac, peeled, halved and cut into fairly thin slices
- 16 fresh runner or helda beans, topped tailed and cut in 4–6 pieces
- 2 medium courgettes (zucchini), wiped and sliced thickly
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g / 4oz fresh spinach leaves
- 4 fillets of haddock or other white fish
- a little olive oil
- approx 50g / 2oz freshly grated Parmesan
- Cook the celeriac pieces in a steamer for 5–6 minutes or until they are starting to soften.
- Then add the beans and, on top of them, the courgettes (zucchini) slices.
- Season lightly.
- Steam for a further couple of minutes or until the beans are softening.
- Add the spinach and cook for 1–2 minutes or just until it wilts.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill and a wide, oven proof dish.
- Turn the vegetables out into the dish and flatten.
- Lay the fish fillets over the top and season lightly.
- Dribble over a little olive oil then cover generously with the grated cheese.
- Grind over some further black paper and dribble with a tiny bit more oil.
- Cook under the grill but do not have it too close to the grill as you want the fish to cook slowly in the combined heat of the hot vegetables and the grill and the cheese to just melt by the time the fish is cooked.
- Serve at once.
Serves 4 – per portion
7g Fat (3g Sat fat, 2g mono, 1g poly)
5g Carbohydrate of which 4g Sugar
5g Fibre,322g Sodium, 0.8g salt
Good Source – B6, B12, folate, Vit C, Magnesium, Calcium
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: