Freefrom Smoked Haddock Soup
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free; can be nightshade free
A tasty meal in a bowl.
- 450-500g / 1-1lb 2oz smoked haddock - ideally the undyed variety
- 600ml / 20fl oz water
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped roughly
- 400g / 14 oz celeriac or old potatoes
- 900ml / 30fl oz oat milk
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- large handful of chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Put the fish in a saucepan with the water and the onion. Cover and bring slowly to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer very gently for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and dice the celeriac or potato and put it in a pan with the oat milk.
- Bring slowly to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
- If you would like to meet pieces of fish in your soup, remove half of the fish from the water, flake it and set aside.
- Purée the rest of the fish with the water, the vegetables and the oat milk until quite smooth.
(If you want a totally smooth soup then purée all the fish with the vegetables and liquid.)
- Reheat, add the flaked fish and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley, or not, as you choose.
Serves 6 - per portion
179cals - 20g protein
6g total fat - 4g sat / 1.5g mono / 0.3g poly
9g carbohydrate of which 5g sugar
3g fibre - 696mg sodium / 1.7g salt
Good Source of: Vitamin B12, selenium
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: