Freefrom Leek and Salmon Soup
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
Delicately flavoured, easy - and delicious.
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large leeks, finely sliced
- 400g / 14oz salmon fillet, sliced in approx 2cm / 1" pieces
- 1.5 litres / 51fl oz gluten & wheat-free fish or vegetable stock
- 200ml / 7fl oz dry white wine
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- juice of 1 large lemon
- large handful fresh dill
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan, add the leeks and cook very slowly for 30-40 minutes or until they are soft.
- Add the salmon, the stock and wine, salt and pepper and bring slowly to just below the boil, by which time the salmon pieces should be almost cooked.
- Add the lemon juice and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Chop in about half of the dill and mix very gently.
- Reheat to serve, stirring gently and not allowing the soup to boil.
- Serve in bowls sprinkled with extra dill.
Serves 6 - per portion
267cals - 24g protein
19g total fat - 3g sat / 10g mono / 3g poly
4g carbohydrate of which 2g sugar
2g fibre - 531mg sodium / 1.3g salt
Good Source of: Vitamin B6, B12 & selenium
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: