Freefrom Plaice with Orange Mayonnaise
Corn, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free; can be egg free
This recipe dates back to my catering days and was always a very popular summer dish.
- 6 plaice, skinned and filletted (frozen will do very well)
- salt and pepper
- grated rind and juice of 3 oranges
- grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive or sunflower oil
- 180 ml / 5fl oz / 12 tablespoons good mayonnaise – check the ingredients and use an egg-free one if necessary
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 1 extra orange, sectioned
- Heat the oven to 170C/340F/Gas mark 3½.
- Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper, the grated rind and juice of one orange and the lemon.
- Oil an ovenproof dish, roll up the fillets of plaice and lay them in the dish.
- Cover with a lid or foil and cook in a moderate oven for 20 minutes or in a microwave on full power for 6–8 minutes or till the fish is cooked.
- Cool the fish completely then remove from the juices to a serving dish.
- Add the remaining orange juice and rind to the mayonnaise, adjust the seasoning to taste and thin if necessary with a little of the fish cooking juices – it should have a coating consistency and not be claggy.
- Coat the fish with the mayonnaise and decorate with the anchovy fillets and the orange segments.
Serves 6 – per portion
432cals – 35g protein
31g total fat – 4.5g sat / 20g mono / 4g poly
4g carbohydrate of which 3.9g sugar
0.5g fibre – 464mg sodium / 0.1g salt
Good Source of: Vitamin B1, B2, B3 B6, B12 & folate
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: