Freefrom Prawn and Monkfish with Lemongrass
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
A lovely light, flavoursome dish.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large / 2 medium onions, very finely chopped
- 75g / 3 oz small button mushrooms, finely sliced
- 400g / 14oz jasmine or basmati rice
- approx 1 litre / 34fl oz gluten/wheat-free vegetable or fish stock
- 50g / 2 oz baby spinach leaves
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 stick fresh lemon grass, cut in half lengthways
- 400ml / 13½ fl oz coconut milk
- juice 2 limes
- 400g / 14oz monkfish, cut in large cubes
- 200g / 7oz fresh, large prawns (shrimp)
- handful fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped coarsely
- Heat the oil in a wide pan and add the onions.
- Cook very gently for at least 5 minutes or until the onions are starting to soften.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to cook very gently for a further 5–6 minutes.
- Add the rice, stir around well and then cover with the stock.
- Cook fairly briskly for 10–15 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed. Add extra stock if need be.
- Just before all the liquid is absorbed, scatter the baby spinach leaves over the rice and gently mix them in – they will wilt and cook in the heat of the rice.
- Season to taste, set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in another wide pan, heat the lemon grass in the coconut milk.
- Simmer very gently to allow the lemon grass to infuse the coconut milk thoroughly.
- Add the lime juice, the monkfish and the prawns (shrimps) and continue to cook gently for 3–4 minutes or until they are cooked – do not over cook.
- Adjust the seasoning of the sauce to taste then serve with the rice, scattering the chopped coriander (cilantro) over both.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: