Quinoa with Chard and Smoked Mackerel
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 very large onions, finely chopped
- pinch sea salt
- 4-6 Bird’s eye chillies, deseeded and chopped small
- 400g quinoa
- 1 litre gluten-free vegetable stock
- 500g fresh chard or spinach, chopped roughly
- 400g smoked, peppered mackerel, pulled into smallish pieces
- Heat the oil in a wide, heavy pan and gently fry the onion with a pinch of salt for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chillies and continue to fry for 8-10 minutes or until they are quite soft.
- Add the quinoa, stir around then add the stock.
- Stir well, bring to the boil and then simmer 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped chard or spinach and continue to cook for another 5 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked and the liquid mainly absorbed.
- Finally stir in the mackerel, cover the dish and leave it for 15 minutes for the flavours to meld.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and serve at room temperature.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: