Freefrom Quinoa Stuffed Trout Fillets
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
Quinoa is a delicious gluten/wheat-free and highly nutritious South American seed. The protein in quinoa contains all of the eight essential amino acids – making it a ‘complete protein’. It is slightly fiddly rolling up the fillets with the stuffing – but the result is worth the effort!
- 150g / 5½ oz quinoa grains
(obtainable in some supermarkets and most
- 700ml / 24fl oz gluten/wheat-free fish or vegetable stock
- grated rind of one large lemon
- grated rind of one large lime
- a large handful of flat-leaf parsley
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 rainbow trout, filleted
- 200ml / 7fl oz dry white wine
- Heat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas mark 3.
- In a small pan simmer the quinoa in the stock for 10–15 minutes or until it is soft but not mushy.
- Add the lemon and lime rind and the parsley.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if it needs it – the stock may already be well seasoned.
- Lay the trout fillets out on a board and cut in half, lengthways.
- Put a spoonful of the stuffing at one end of each fillet and roll it as neatly as you can.
- Lay the fillets side by side in an ovenproof dish, sprinkle over any stuffing that remains and pour over the white wine.
- Cover the dish and bake for 35–45 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
- Serve with a green vegetable or salad.
Serves 6 – per portion
322cals – 47g protein
13g total fat – 0.5g sat / 4g mono / 5g poly
14g carbohydrate of which 2g sugar
2g fibre – 127mg sodium / 0.9g salt
Good Source of: Selenium
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: