Freefrom Salmon on a Bed of Potatoes and Leeks
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
A very simple, but tasty dish.
- 450g / 1lb potatoes, scrubbed and sliced fairly thinly
- 2 tbps olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 medium head fennel, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 6 mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 fillets of fresh salmon
- 1 lemon, quartered – optional
- Steam the potatoes until they are just cooked but do not overcook.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 180C/350F/ Gas Mark 4.
- Heat the oil in a wide pan and gently fry the leeks, fennel and garlic for 5 minutes or until just starting to soften.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to cook for a further 2–3 minutes.
- Oil a piece of foil, on a baking tray, large enough to hold the four fillets of salmon.
- Lay the potatoes out on the foil and season lightly.
- Spread the leek mixture over the potatoes and then lay the salmon over the top.
- Season fairly generously.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the salmon is cooked.
- Serve at once with a green vegetable and with a piece of lemon although I did not really think that it needed the lemon juice.
Serves 4 – per portion
23g Fat ( 3.7g Sat fat, 10.6g mono, 5.4g poly)
22g Carbohydrate of which 2.1g Sugar
4.4g Fibre, 79mg Sodium, 0.2g salt
Good Source: B12,6
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: