Freefrom Fresh Seafood Salad
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
Many supermarkets sell ready cooked mixtures of prawns (shrimps), mussels, squid etc which makes this a very quick and easy dish to prepare. Alternatively, buy any combination of seafood that you choose and simmer them gently in a little seasoned water mixed with a little white wine or in gluten/wheat-free fish stock.
- 600g / 1lb 5½ oz of mixed cooked seafood
- 2 small bulbs of fennel, trimmed and very finely sliced
- juice of 2 lemons
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 15 young spring onions (scallions), trimmed and chopped
- ½ a mild red chille
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Put the seafood with the fennel in a wide serving dish and add the lemon juice.
- Soak the tomatoes in boiling water for 1 minute then plunge them in cold water.
- Skin and slice the tomatoes and add them to the fish mixture with the spring onions (scallions).
- De-seed the chille, slice it very thinly and then chop into tiny squares.
- Mix gently into the fish, add the oil and then season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- Chill and allow to marinate for up to an hour before serving with a new potato salad and a green leaf salad.
Serves 6 - per portion
164cals - 17g protein
7g total fat - 1g sat / 4.5g mono / 1g poly
7g carbohydrate of which 5.5g sugar
1.8g fibre - 234mg sodium / 0.6g salt
Good Source of: Vitamins B6 & B12
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: