Freefrom Butternut Squash with Tuna Fingers
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
This is where any explanatory text would go...
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, pipped and cut in moderately large chunks
- 150g / 6oz curly kale, all stems removed and chopped
- 2 medium tuna steaks, cut in thick fingers
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- juice 1 large lemon
- handful of mixed toasted seeds
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Steam the squash pieces for 5 minutes until half cooked, then add the kale and continue to steam for a further 8–10 minutes or until both are cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a wide pan and quickly fry the tuna fingers on all sides – depending on how rare you like them this can take anything from 2 to 5 minutes.
- Turn the steamed vegetables onto a dish and arrange the tuna fingers on top.
- Sprinkle with seeds, drizzle with oil and lemon juice and season with sea salt and black pepper –and serve.
Serves 4 – per portion:
16g Fat (3g Sat fat, 8g mono,4g poly)
22g Carbohydrate of which 12g Sugar
7g Fibre, 74mg Sodium, 0.2g salt
Good Source: Mg, Niacin, B6, B12, Vit C
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: