Michelle's Freefrom Cold Beef Stroganoff
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame & wheat free; can be soya free
An easy summer salad that can be prepared in advance. If you wanted to turn it into a winter dish you could serve it hot with new potatoes or rice instead of the leaves, and a green vegetable.
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced very thinly
- 200g / 7 oz mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 600g / 1lb 5 oz fillet or other good cut of beef trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 250ml / 8fl oz oat (or soya) cream
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- green leaves – we used lamb’s lettuce and watercress
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a wide pan and gently cook the onions for 10–15 minutes until they are quite transparent but not burnt.
- Remove to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Slice the raw mushrooms and mix them well with the onions.
- Add the rest of the oil to the pan and heat until almost smoking.
- Briskly fry the beef strips for 1–3 minutes (depending on how rare you like your beef) then remove from the heat and add the cream.
- Stir well, then season to taste.
- Mix the onions and mushrooms well in.
- Arrange the green leaves on a serving dish and pile the beef in the middle.
Serves 6 – per portion
297cals – 22g protein
21g total fat – 5.5g sat / 9g mono / 1g poly
4g carbohydrate of which 3g sugar
0.7g fibre – 47mg sodium / 0.1g salt
Good Source of: Vitamin B1, B6, B12, niacin, zine & iron
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: