Michelle's Freefrom Boned Shoulder of Lamb with Horseradish and Mustard Crust
Corn, egg, gluten, nightshade, peanut, sesame & wheat free; can be lactose, milk, nut & soya free
A lovely roast for a Sunday lunch. You can roast vegetables in the oven at the same time as the meat.
- 1 shoulder spring lamb – approximately 1.5-2kilos / 3½ lb
- 2 tbsp grated horseradish
- 3 tbsp cream, oat, soya or animal, depending on what you can eat
- grated rind 1 lemon
- 2 large handfuls finely chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp gluten-free Dijon mustard
- 5 tbsp chopped cashews or chopped pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 500ml / 17fl oz water or gluten/wheat-free vegetable/lamb stock
- Bone out the lamb.
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Use the bones, along with a carrot, onion, stalk of celery and several bouquet garni to make stock.
- Mix the horseradish with the cream, lemon rind and parlsey and spoon it down the middle of the boned lamb.
- Roll and tie neatly.
- Put the lamb on a rack over a baking dish and cover lightly with foil.
- Cook for 45 minutes.
- Mix the mustard with the chopped nuts or seeds into a thick paste.
- Remove the lamb from the oven, remove the foil and coat the top of the lamb with the mustard crust.
- Return to the oven for another 35-45 minutes – it needs to be cooked for 40 minutes per kilo so calculate accordingly.
- When cooked, remove from the oven, and move the lamb onto a serving dish and keep warm.
- Make the gravy by stirring the flour into the pan juices over a low flame for a couple of minute and then adding approximately 500ml / 17fl oz either of the lamb stock or water.
- Cook while stirring continually until the gravy thickens and season to taste.
- Serve with roast root vegetables and a green vegetable or salad.
Serves 4 – per portion
Calories 463 Kcals
24g Fat (9g Sat fat, 8.5g mono, 1.5g poly)
7.5g Carbohydrate of which 2.5g Sugar
0.5g Fibre, 715g Sodium, 1.8g salt
Good Source: Vitamin B1, B12, B2, B6, Niacin, magnesium, Iron, zinc
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: