Michelle's Freefrom Stuffed Breast of Lamb
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
A delicious but economical dish. If you are ambitious you can bone the lamb yourself (really very easy as all you need to do is to follow each bone with the tip of a small sharp knife and, in no time, you will find that you have boned it out). If you are not too sure, ask the butcher to do it for you but be sure that you get the bones so that you can make lentil soup!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped very fine
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and chopped very fine (optional)
- 75g / 2½ oz button mushrooms, chopped fine
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- large handful of fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1 breast lamb, boned
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4.
- Heat the oil in wide pan and gently cook the onions and garlic for 5 minutes or until they are starting to soften.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to cook for a further 4–5 minutes.
- Season lightly and stir in the parsley.
- Spread the stuffing over the lamb then roll it up as neatly as you can.
- Lay the lamb out flat on the counter.
- Secure into a roll with string or elastic bands, keeping as much of the stuffing inside as you can.
- Transfer to a baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes per 450g plus 15 minutes extra, removing the foil for the last 15 minutes to crisp the skin.
- You can use the pan juices to make gravy.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: