Michelle's Freefrom Chicken with Avocado and Redbush Tea
Corn, egg, gluten, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame & wheat free; can be lactose, milk & soya free
The redbush tea gives a pleasantly smoky flavour to the sauce - very refreshing.
- 3 redbush tea bags
- 3 chicken breasts, skin removed
- 1 medium or 2 small leeks, very thinly sliced
- 2 tsp fresh green peppercorns
- 3 tbsp plain yogurt (cow, sheep, goat or soya)
- juice 1 small lemon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 avocados
- a good selection of green leaves - lettuce, lamb’s lettuce, watercress, roquette, parsley etc
- Put the teabags in a bowl and pour over 250ml / 8fl oz boiling water - leave to steep for 5-10 minutes then discard the bags.
- Slice the chicken breasts into thick matchsticks and put in a pan with the tea, the thinly sliced leeks and the peppercorns.
- Bring to the boil then simmer gently, covered for 5-8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Remove the chicken and leeks with a slotted spoon and reserve the cooking juices.
- In a bowl stir the yogurt till smooth then add the cooking and lemon juices and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Peel the avocados and slice.
- Mix gently into the chicken and dress with the sauce. There will be too much sauce so reserve the rest for dressing the leaves.
- To serve pile the leaves on a dish, pile the chicken and avocado mixture in the middle and the pour over the remaining dressing before serving.
Serves 6 - per portion
186cals - 18g protein
11g total fat - 2.5g sat / 7g mono / 1.5g poly
2g carbohydrate of which 1g sugar
6g fibre - 67mg sodium / 0.1g salt
Good Source of: Vitamin B6
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: