Spicy Tomatoes with Bacon
Wheat, gluten, dairy, egg, soya and nut free
This could easily be served as a side dish without the bacon.
Serves 2 as a main or 4 as a side
- 3 onions
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400g new potatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tspn cumin
- ½ tspn chilli powder
- 1 tsp honey
- 400g can of tomatoes
- 6 rashers of bacon
- Preheat the oven to 180oC.
- Peel the onions then cut them in half.
- Cut them in half again and slice thinly.
- Heat a tablespoon of the oil in a lidded pan.
- Add the onions to the oil and cook on a very low heat until transluscent.
- Thinly slice the garlic and add to the pan with the rest of the spices.
- Turn the heat up a little and cook for a minute or two.
- Add the honey and the tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Put the lid on and leave to reduce.
- Add a little water if it looks a bit dry.
- Wash the potatoes and cut to similar size chunks.
- Coat the potatoes in the rest of the oil and place in the oven for 40 minutes until nicely coloured and cooked through.
- 5 minutes before you take the potatoes out, grill the bacon until crispy.
- Mix the potatoes into the tomatoes and stir through the bacon cut into strips.
Back to Foods Matter freefrom recipes home