Meatballs with Cabbage and Sweet Potato
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
Using sausages is a cheats way of making seasoned meatballs. You can choose any flavour of sausage and the delicious fat released as they cook will flavour the cabbage.
- 1 medium sweet potato, scrubbed
- 2 onions
- 4 gluten free sausages
- ½ savoy cabbage
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the sweet potato and onion into chunks.
- Place in a roasting dish and drizzle with the oil.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until the potatoes are cooked.
- Run a sharp knife down the sausages to split the outer skin.
- Remove the skin and cut each sausage into between 4 and 6 pieces, depending on the size of the sausage.
- Roll the pieces into balls.
- Heat a deep frying pan and brown the meatballs.
- Cut the cabbage in half and remove the tough core.
- Thinly slice the cabbage and then add it to the meatballs.
- Stir the meatballs and cabbage every now and then to stop it burning.
- When both the potatoes and cabbage are cooked, mix together and season well.
- Serve immediately.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: