Pork Meatballs in a Spiced Coconut and Tomato Sauce
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
- 500g pork mince
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- Handful of mint, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (deseed if you don’t want it hot)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Handful of coriander, leaves and stalks separated
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can coconut milk
- Juice of half a lime
- Rice noodles to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C / Gas Mark 4.
- In a large bowl mix together the mince, fish sauce and mint.
- Make into golf ball sized balls and place on a foil lined tray.
- Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the meatballs are not pink in the middle. Do not overcook as pork gets dry and tough.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, lower the heat and add the onions.
- Once they are transluscent, add the ginger, chilli, garlic and coriander stalks.
- Cook for a few minutes while stirring to prevent burning.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Pour in the coconut milk and heat it through.
- Add lime juice to taste.
- Stir the cooked meatballs into the sauce.
- Serve with rice noodles and the coriander leaves to garnish.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: