Freefrom Warm Chorizo Salad
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
- 130g chorizo
- 1 red onion
- 1 punnet (240g) fresh plum or cherry tomatoes
- 150g broad beans
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 bag (80g) watercress
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- Chop the chorizo into chunks and fry in a dry pan, over a medium heat, until the oil starts to escape.
- Cut the onion in half and then into slices and add to the chorizo.
- Cook gently for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until starting to soften.
- Pour in the vinegar and maple syrup.
- Let them warm through and then remove the pan from the heat.
- Boil or steam the broad beans for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Rinse in cold water and then remove the skins.
Skinning broad beans is a bit tedious but worth it for the sweet, bright green beans that you are left with.
- Place the watercress in a large bowl and add the beans and avocado.
- Pour over the chorizo mixture and all the juice.
- Stir gently and serve immediately.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: