'Cheesy' Pasta Bake
Corn, egg, gluten, milk, nut, peanut, soya & wheat free
This is a sort of informal lasagne - perfect comfort food for a chilly day. I used vegan coconut based parmesan style Violife prosociano wedge which is available from selected supermarkets as well as health food shops.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 gluten free stock cube
- 1 can green lentils
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp dairy free vegan spread
- 2 tbsp gluten free flour
- 200ml water
- 200ml dairy free milk
- 1 tsp mustard (check ingredients)
- 70g vegan parmesan, grated
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the pack.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and gently cook the onion and garlic until the onion is soft.
- Add the carrots, mushrooms and herbs and cook for a few minutes.
- Pour in the tomatoes and refill the tin half way with water and add to the pan.
- Add the stock cube and gently simmer until the carrots are soft.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Drain the lentils and stir through.
- Put aside while you make the sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / Gas mark 4.
- Heat the spread in a saucepan until melted.
- Mix in the flour and keep stirring until you have a paste.
- Add the water and then the milk in small amounts, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the mustard and parmesan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Keep stirring until the sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Mix the pasta, vegetables and cheese sauce together and pour into an oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle the sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and the rest of the parmesan over the top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until everything is piping hot and the top is starting to brown.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: