Michelle's Freefrom Butter Bean Hummus
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
I love chick peas but I also love butter beans, so I just wondered how hummus would work with a different pulse. I thought, very well…
- 2 x 400g / 14 oz tins butter beans, drained
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 small bird’s eye green peppers, deseeded and chopped small
- 100ml / 3 fl oz coconut milk
- sea salt and freshly
- ground black pepper
- Put all the ingredients except the seasoning into a food processor and whiz, then season to taste.
- Serve with raw or blanched vegetables (I used yellow peppers and very lightly steamed thin green beans) or crackers.
Serves 4 - per portion:
3.3g Fat ( 2.6g Sat fat, 0.1g mono, 0.2g poly)
12g Carbohydrate of which 1.6g Sugar
5g Fibre, 416mg Sodium, 1g salt
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: